Configuring eduroam - with CAT
It is extremely simple to configure eduroam with CAT (Configuration Assistant Tool).
Navigate to: cat.eduroam.org.
Click on the "download your eduroam installer" button, and from the menu that appears, select "Szent István University". If it does not appear in the list, type "Szent István University" in the search box, after which you will be able to select the name of the institution.
After this, the pre-configured installers for the institution become available.
Here click on the name of your operating system to download the installer.
Copy the file to the device you want to configure. Run the installer and follow the instructions.
- eduroam installer format: .exe
- The installer will configure eduroam on your device, by creating wireless network profiles. When you are connecting to the network for the first time, Windows will pop up a login box, where you should enter your user name and password. This information will be saved so that you will reconnect to the network automatically each time you are in the range.
- eeduroam installer format: .mobilconfig
- The installation kit will asked for confirmation/input at several points: to install the profile, to accept the server certificate authority, and to enter the username and password of your institution.
- eduroam installer format: .sh
- The installer will try to configure eduroam under Network Manager and if this is either not appropriate for your system or your version of Network Manager is too old, a wpa_supplicant config file will be created instead. The installer will create .eduroam sub-directory in your home directory and will copy your server certificates there. You will be requested to enter your account credentials during the installation. This information will be saved so that you will reconnect to the network automatically each time you are in the range.
For the eduroam username the SZIE ID is used in the following format: szieID@szie.hu. For workers this consists of three letters and four numbers (Tes0000@szie.hu), while in case of students the Neptune identifier is used (firstname.lastname@example.org).